The furnace is one of the most important accessories in your home. It keeps your home warm and comfortable throughout providing the best environment to relax and unwind. With your family or friends, you can gather around the furnace and catch up as you keep warm.
Unlike other appliances, the furnace has minimal maintenance requirements. Its long life span offers a good ROI as it can serve you for 15-20 years. Although the initial cost of installation is high, repairs and general maintenance costs are quite affordable.
To keep your furnace in perfect condition observe strict maintenance routine and always do your repairs promptly.
7 Furnace Maintenance Tips to Ensure Undisrupted service
- Clean the filter system – Filters prevent dust and debris from entering your furnace. With time, they accumulate a lot of dust and dirt which impairs they function. Some models have detachable filters which can be replaced by new ones, while others have filters which allow for cleaning.
- Replace filters and gas pads –
- Contract a professional to handle all your repair needs ace repairs– A professional furnace repair contractor understands what they are doing. They will be able to make accurate diagnostics and repairs on your furnace. This ensures your furnace is restored to perfect condition after repair.
- Exercise safety when handling your furnace – Before cleaning your furnace, you need to switch off the gas or electric supply. Make sure you handle all parts with care being mindful of your safety. In case of any gas leaks, or faulty electric connections, call a professional to come do the repairs. Do not continue operating your furnace when there is an evident malfunction in its performance.
- Inspect the thermostat – The thermostat regulates the temperature of your furnace. If you notice a mishap in the heat produced, either your thermostat is broken or wrongly set. If settings do not fix the problem, you will want to consider replacing your thermostat.
- Conduct visual inspection on your furnace – Are you keen on observing how your furnace burns? Do you notice changes in flame color or size? Some changes in the performance of your furnace can only be assessed by visual inspection. Take time to conduct these inspections regularly as it helps catch a possible glitch at an early stage.
- Avoid obstructions near the furnace area – This is mostly a safety measure to avoid any fire accidents. However, the furnace also needs to be supplied with free-flowing air. It is through the air that the heat is transferred to the immediate space. If you obstruct it, the circulation of heat will be affected. The hot air concentrated around the furnace poses potential damage to the furnace due to overheating.
Air in Motion Canada is a professional furnace repair service providers in Mississauga. We provide furnace repairs services to keep you warm and cozy during winter. Schedule a repair or inspection service with us and experience the luxury of a warm home in winter.