It goes without saying that taking care of your air conditioning system helps it to run properly and last longer. These are 5 ways to extend the life of your air conditioner.
- Clean your air conditioner: Dust and debris accumulates over time, especially air conditioners that are outdoors. By keeping your AC unit clean, you decrease the likelihood of any issues cropping up. What is more, when your air conditioning system is running optimally, it doesn’t have to work as hard, so you save money in the long run.
- Let your AC rest: Just like humans need sleep, your air conditioner will work better and for longer if you turn it off when you don’t need it running. So when you know you won’t be home for days or weeks at a time, consider shutting the system off. Another tip is to have your thermostat running on a schedule. For example, you can increase the temperature when you’re at work, so you aren’t making your AC unit run to cool an empty house.
- Change the filters: Your air conditioner will have filters that help to filter the air. Replace the filters on a regular basis to increase the lifespan of your AC. Besides, it’s less expensive to replace filters than it is to replace a whole air conditioner.
- Clean the ducts: Just like it’s important to clean your air conditioner, it’s also recommended to keep the air ducts in your house clean well. Dirty ducts slow down the airflow, forcing your AC to run for a longer period of time. Ideally, you clean the air ducts ahead of the summertime, before you need to turn on your air conditioner.
- Let air circulate: Ensure that the vents aren’t obstructed to allow cool air to circulate around your home. If you’re blocking any of the vents, your air conditioner will have to work harder than it needs to, which will shorten the lifespan of the AC unit.
In the event that your air conditioner stops working and needs to be repaired or replaced, give us a call today. Proper installation of an AC unit makes all the difference. We offer competitive prices without sacrificing quality service.
Here are some of the things we do when we service your AC system:
- Check for any signs of leakage
- Inspect the coil and compressor
- Clear all drains
- Check the thermostat
- Ensure the air conditioner is operating correctly
After all, the purpose of an AC system is to remove humidity from the air and ensure you feel comfortable in your home or office. So do your best to extend the life of your air conditioner. We offer a 2 hour response time when you contact us during regular business hours because we understand that when your AC unit breaks down, you want a response as soon as possible.