In a city that experiences negative temperatures during the winter season, a hot water heater is a must-have. Hot water heaters are a common feature in most residential buildings, as well as commercial buildings. With the advancement in technology, tankless water heaters are quickly replacing the classic hot water tanks.
Most people are going for the tankless hot water heaters which seem more efficient in space and energy. This, however, is not the only determining factor when it comes to selecting the best water heater for your needs.
Hot water tanks can be divided into 5 categories. These are discussed below.
- Tankless water heaters – Tankless water heaters do not feature a storage tank and only provide hot water in demand. They are efficient and most suitable for homes with minimal hot water demands.
- Standard hot water tanks – These are the most common and feature a storage tank with a flame burner underneath. The burner ignites on gas heating the water inside the tank. The tank is insulated to keep the water hot for a while as it is being used.
- High-efficiency hot water tanks – These comprise of hybrid water storage heaters designed to be efficient on energy and performance. They are available on both electric and gas heaters and do have an energy factor describing their efficiency. The higher the EF number the more efficient the heater is.
- Solar powered water tanks – Solar heaters are powered by solar and will cut your utility bills. However, there needs to be a reliable supply of sunlight for them to perform optimally. During the cold season, it can be difficult to power your heater on solar.
- Electric hot water tanks – These are tankless and only have a minimum galloon capacity to hold hot water. The idea is to provide hot water only on point of use. Unlike standard hot water tanks, they do not store hot water for future use.
With the various brands for each type available in the market, it can be overwhelming to make the right decision. This is where as experts we come in. At air in motion, we advice on the best hot water heater system for your house or commercial building depending on needs and your energy supply.
Having installed different heaters for different clients, we are capable of directing an informed decision. We do proper installations on both residential and commercial buildings, observing safety standards in installation and operation.
Our team consists of highly technical staff with relevant experience in hot water systems installation and repair. Our scope of service includes:
- Pre-installation consultation
- Repair and maintenance
- Replacement of parts
When it comes to professional hot water heater installation, no one does a good job than Air in Motion Canada. We have been providing hot water installation services in Caledon for years and do have a trusted track record. Our clients remain happy and satisfied with our services and have nothing but the best reviews for us. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or seek professional advice when it comes to hot water heaters installation and repairs.